Supported Employment offers individuals and employers the opportunity for services that benefit both parties. The Supported Employment staff is trained to assist the individual with job seeking, training, placement, and ongoing support.
We uphold our mission with
- Side-by-side training of the individual until job is mastered to the employer’s standards.
- Building of natural supports within the workplace.
- Implementing job modifications and adaptations when necessary.
- Ongoing support to both the individual and the employer throughout employment.
The Supported Employment Program is tailored to fit the needs of each program participant. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to finding employment. Hours worked, establishment location, type of employment, and training are all decided on by the individual and his/her circle of support.
We understands the importance of placing the right person in the right job. To afford each individual this opportunity, the Supported Employment staff conducts a vocational assessment to discover the individual’s interests, strengths, and skills.
- Consultations with applicants
- Job readiness skills instruction (resume building, help with job applications, interviewing preparation)
- Social security consultation
- Transportation training
The PDI staff meets with the individual, his/her family, prospective employers, and other interested parties to determine the best placement for each individual.
- Assistance in creation and negotiation of jobs to meet the needs of employers and applicants.
- Supervision for trial period to determine if a strong match has been made.
Types of Placements
One-on-One: One individual per job coach
Small Group: Up to three individuals per job coach
All individuals served through PDI, who have an interest in gaining employment, are afforded the opportunity to pursue employment though not all are eligible through the Tennessee Vocational Rehabilitation. However, the benefits of having employment are far greater than a paycheck:
- Greater independence
- Increased motivation
- Enhanced social interactions
Businesses who employ individuals who are served through PDI’s Supported Employment Program receive applicants that have already been through vocational training. Each employee is paired with a job coach who will accompany the employee to each and every shift.
Other benefits include:
- Pre-screened applicants
- Continuous support from PDI
- Tax benefits
- Workforce diversification
- Making a difference in the lives of others
To learn more about Supported Employment, please contact us.