Together we turn struggles into strengths
Progressive Directions’ Ticket to Work Program helps Social Security beneficiaries with making choices in obtaining services and resources they may need to find and maintain gainful employment, while providing a safety net to help during the transition from Social Security benefit check to an earned paycheck. Progressive Directions works with Vocational Rehabilitation to assist individuals whose cases have been close, providing additional supports as needed. With the help of the Ticket to Work program, those who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can take the next step toward employment while maintaining their benefits.
Social Security’s Ticket to Work Program is a free and voluntary program available to people ages 18 through 64 who are blind or have a disability and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. It assists beneficiaries in obtaining gainful competitive employment allowing them to become financially independent, while maintaining their Medicare or Medicaid. Ticket to Work (TTW) is a great option for people who want to improve their potential for earning and are looking to make a long-term commitment to employment.
We can assist you with:
- Exploring your work and/or education options
- Staying in control of your benefits
- Accessing services and resources to find your career of choice
- Making the choice about your career goals that is right for you
- Achieving greater personal satisfaction and self-sufficiency
- Pursue your goals with the assurance that your benefits can be resumed utilizing Ticket to Works Expedited Reinstatement Benefit
Work Incentives are special rules that make it possible for people receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to explore work options and still receive benefits until they are able to support themselves. Social Security Work Incentives help beneficiaries remove barriers to work by offering support services and direction.
While participating in the Ticket to Work Program, beneficiaries can get the help they need to safely explore their work options without immediately losing their benefits and find the job that is right for them. Beneficiaries also can use a combination of work incentives to maximize their income until they begin to earn enough to support themselves. Work Incentives allows you to:
- Go to work while minimizing the impact on your benefits;
- Resume benefits if you find working is not a viable option;
- Continue to receive healthcare benefits;
- While using your Ticket and making progress toward your work and educational goals you will be exempt from Social Security’s medical reviews.
Contact us for more information on how we can help you achieve your employment goals.
1765 Jardco Drive
Clarksville, TN 37040
305 Church Street
Dover, TN 37058
1578 Old Columbia Rd
Lewisburg, TN 37091
1209 Tradewinds Drive
Columbia, TN 38401