For those who are capable and wanting to work, our Ticket to Work Program is a great option. It provides individuals with mental or physical disabilities, ages 18-64, with the opportunity to explore different fields of work that may be of interest – without losing their Social Security or health care benefits, making the transition from a Social Security benefit check to an earned paycheck go more smoothly.
Ticket to Work is a great option for people who want to improve their potential for earning and are looking to make a long-term commitment to employment. It is especially beneficial when paired with our Supported Employment Program, which provides training for many vocations.
Benefits of Ticket to Work include:
- Exploring your work and/or education options
- Staying in control of your benefits
- Accessing services and resources to find your career of choice
- Making the choice about your career goals that is right for you
- Achieving greater personal satisfaction and self-sufficiency
- Pursue your goals with the assurance that your benefits can be resumed utilizing Ticket to Works Expedited Reinstatement Benefit
We work with Vocational Rehabilitation to assist individuals whose cases have been closed and provide support as needed. With the help of the Ticket to Work program, a free and voluntary program, those who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can take the next step toward becoming financially independent, while maintaining their Medicare or Medicaid.
Work Incentives are special rules that make it possible for people receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to explore work options and still receive benefits until they can support themselves.
Work Incentives allows you to:
- Go to work while minimizing the impact on your benefits
- Resume benefits if you find working is not a viable option
- Continue to receive healthcare benefits
- While using your Ticket and making progress toward your work and educational goals you will be exempt from Social Security’s medical reviews
Contact us at one of our offices listed below for more information on how we can help you achieve your employment goals.
1765 Jardco Drive
Clarksville, TN 37040
305 Church Street
Dover, TN 37058
1578 Old Columbia Rd
Lewisburg, TN 37091
1209 Tradewinds Drive
Columbia, TN 38401